Sunday, May 29, 2011

Remembering Our Brave Warriors

Pin It
Operation Write Home

In honor of Memorial Day and all of the brave soldiers who have so unselfishly sacrificed their lives so that Our Great Nation and its citizens can live in freedom, I spent most of the weekend making cards for Operation Write Home.  If you are not familiar with OWH, it is a nationwide charitable organization that helps our military heroes stay in touch with their families.  Homemade cards are crafted and sent to various military units throughout the world.  As of May 13th over one million cards have been shipped overseas!!! 

OWH had put out a special request for additional creative "miss you" cards - cards with no particular holiday theme.  Over the weekend I crafted twelve cards for our heroes, plus a few more birthday cards for the family and another weekly card for my Send Love Today assignment.

Here's a peek at what kept me busy this weekend.


Happy Little Cards - ready to for OWH

A couple of my favorites.
Stamp Set: Papertrey Ink Love Lives Here

Birthday cards for some sweet darlings.
Stamp Sets from Papertrey Ink:  Make A Wish and Little Bitty Bird


A card for my oldest step-son who turns 35 this coming week.
I wonder if he is still able to swing from the monkey bars like in the photo.
Sentiment from Papertrey Ink: Make A Wish

A thank you card made at the special request of my mom for a dear friend.
My mom is the bridesmaid in blue.
Thanks tag from Papertrey Ink: Tiny Tags

A simple weekly card for my Send Love Today assignment.
Stamp Set from Papertrey Ink: Tiny Treats Birthday

A sympathy card for this week's Papertrey Ink Make-It-Monday challenge.
I find making sympathy cards so difficult.
Stamp Sets from Papertrey Ink: Daily Design Senttiments and Love Lives Here

Now, onto some sewing projects for Miss Eloise!  Have a wonderful holiday and don't forget to keep our military families in your thoughts and prayers.

Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...